1. Hi, What’s your name and your business?
Jonathan Ivarsson, managing director at onlive.io. Onlive is like the Eventbrite for professional events: a better looking, user-centric event management software that gives you meaningful AI insights at a lower cost. With Onlive, event organizers around the world can get started instantly for free and easily build ticketing sites, invite guests, check them in, and more – without any technical skills required.
2. Can you tell us more about your background on how you started?
I moved from Sweden to Singapore in 2014 to start a company that was then called Zeguestlist. We grew by a small capital injection and developed apps for events. Together with my 7 FTE team (split between Singapore and the Philippines), we later on pivoted into a full-fledged SaaS in 2019.
3. What does a typical day look like for you?
I spend my day between product, sales, and investor and business admin and in addition, I try to sneak an hour at the gym and spend some time with the missus.
4. What is your biggest lesson learned in SaaS?
It’s not as easy as it seems to build a fully automated low-touch platform and that you need funds as a runway before you reach critical mass.
5. Which tools are your favorite to work with?
6. What is your favorite app on your phone?
7. What is your favorite book?